No announcement yet.

Here we go again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty windy but we still have power. Hope it lasts.

Comment

How much of your home will the generator run?
      Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire. System listed here: http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/-8-mi...dated-9-3-2017

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

Originally posted by TubeHiFiNut View Post
        How much of your home will the generator run?
        It's just a portable. We can keep the refrigerator running and have the microwave and lights. In the past, our power would have gone out hours ago. We are surprised it is still on.

Comment

Well, the worst is over. Still pretty windy but not like last night. No damage to the house and as of now, we still have power. The tree next to my driveway went down on my neighbors cars. Bummer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6975.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	61385

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8304.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	667.4 KB
ID:	61386

Comment

• opa1
            opa1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Ripped the roots and all.

• Try1256
            Try1256 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a shallow rooted tree. My neighbor across the street saw it go down. Said it went in slow motion.

Glad to hear you came through OK. News reports say there still over a million folks without power throughout the state.
          Spendor A6, REL T/7i, Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated, Mac Mini w/ Fusion Drive, Marantz CD 6005, Wyred4Sound Femto Clock DAC-1LE, Roon, EWA LS-XXV Speaker Cables, Tara Labs RSC Prime M1 IC, Black Cat Silverstar SPDIF and USB, PS Audio Dectet.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT. View Post
            Glad to hear you came through OK. News reports say there still over a million folks without power throughout the state.
            We feel extremely fortunate. According to the news, 75% of the residents in our county have no power.

Comment

Glad to hear you came through without major troubles. I was talking to another friend down there and while they are fine the house next door got flattened. One just never knows with these things, sadly.

Comment

Happy to hear that you are through the wort of it.

Bummer about your neighbor's cars.
                Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire. System listed here: http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/-8-mi...dated-9-3-2017

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

Glad to hear that you came through pretty much unscathed!
                  Main system - Atma-sphere M60 monoblocks - Meridian 508.24 - Reference Line Preeminence 1a - Linn LP12 - ACI Jaguars

Vintage system - Kenwood Model 500 - Kenwood 600T - Musical Fidelity A3 - Pioneer A25 - Nakamichi ZX-7 - Pioneer RT-707 - Kenwood LS-660

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X