ACA Class A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACA Class A

Just received the ACA boards and keratherm insulators. Not sure when I'll start them. I need to find a good enclosure with heat sinks. Also want to build a linear supply for them. They are quite small. 2.25x3.5.

Forgot the pic

Comment

Looking forward to your progress. Will you be mounting them in a single chassis ?

Comment

Yes, single chassis. I've found a few nice enclosures. Now to find the time.

Comment

As I have doubtless mentioned elsewhere @ these forums (i.e., FWIW) -- there's a somewhat tweaked Amp Camp Amp variant visiting my house, care of a kind fellow @ the Polk Audio forums -- it's not quite in the same league as SE 2A3, but it ain't bad.

DSC_6923 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Comment

• opa1
            opa1 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the one using fans instead of heatsinks, correct?

• mhardy6647
            mhardy6647 commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, gfans and heatsinks (Intel CPU heatsinks, as I understand it)

BOM is done and parts on the way.

Comment

Looking forward to your progress reports, my friend.
            Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire. System listed here: http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/-8-mi...dated-9-3-2017

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

Any particular reason you don't want to use the DIYAudio enclosures? That's what I used for my ACA build (no photos because let's face it, when you've seen one ACA build using the stock chassis, you've seen them all).

Or perhaps that's the exact reason.

-D

Nottingham Analogue Interspace | AudioMods UK Classic | Denon DL-103R | Origin Live OL-1 | Lyra Helikon Mono
              Sony DVP-S7700 | Raspberry Pi 2 / Digi+Pro | Gigawork LM-DAC3 v9 (transformer coupled) | Nakamichi LX-3 | H/K TU-920
              Shure M67-based MC SUT | Yamaha C4 | Dynaco ST-35 / DGSE-1 / Fisher 660A / 6B4G PP | Klipsch Heresy X | NHT 1259

Comment

• Thermionics
                Thermionics commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah. That makes sense then. No ETA from the DIYAudio Store? They're usually pretty good about providing backorder times.

• opa1
                opa1 commented
                Editing a comment
                They were supposed to be in stock already. I'm still waiting on the F-6 too.

• Thermionics
                Thermionics commented
                Editing a comment
                Gah. That's frustrating...sorry.

Apropos to this conversation, Papa is going to debut ACA #2 at BurningAmp 2017 (November 12th): http://www.firstwatt.com/wattsnew.html

(so that might explain why ACA parts are so hard to find and may not be restocked)
              Last edited by Thermionics; 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM. Reason: Added Burning Amp date
              Nottingham Analogue Interspace | AudioMods UK Classic | Denon DL-103R | Origin Live OL-1 | Lyra Helikon Mono
              Sony DVP-S7700 | Raspberry Pi 2 / Digi+Pro | Gigawork LM-DAC3 v9 (transformer coupled) | Nakamichi LX-3 | H/K TU-920
              Shure M67-based MC SUT | Yamaha C4 | Dynaco ST-35 / DGSE-1 / Fisher 660A / 6B4G PP | Klipsch Heresy X | NHT 1259

Comment

Yup found that out yesterday. Wonder what he's come up with? I've been working on a simple linear supply for the ACA. Some of the parts for the boards have arrived too.

Comment

Going to change gears a bit on this build. The originals were designed for 19v @ 2A SMPS. I've done some reading and found they work really nice @ 24v. So I think I'll use the SMPS with a filter between the 24v @ 5.5A SMPS and the amp. Still waiting on parts!

Comment

totally FWIW -- the one that's at my house uses two Dell laptop P/Ss for power -- dual mono, baby

Comment

I thought I'd give a hint on where this is going. The enclosure. It should be here next week, I hope. It's all aluminum.
                      I have found some other interesting parts too. I'll disclose later.
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/2412B-2-Full....c100033.m2042

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X