OB'S Utah/Allied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OB'S Utah/Allied

Ever since I sold the 604's, I've been missing the large stage/sound. I bought a pair of 12" Utah/Allied drivers (this is what I was told) with tweeters and XO. I'm not sure what they were in before but, they are very efficient and must have high Qts. The baffles were leftovers from another project. Slapped these together this morning. They came out to 30x28 unfolded. They work very well with just the 2A3's powering them. I also have a pair of 12" 49CZ Zeniths from a console to try.

Looks good.

It's amazing to me how good DIY OB speakers made with vintage drivers can sound.
    Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire. System listed here: http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/-8-mi...dated-9-3-2017

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

I'm really surprised how good they sound. I have these in a small listening room. Most of the time OB's need a lot of space.
      Neil Young live at Massey Hall and Surrealistic Pillow are some of my favorite albums. Sound killer with the OB's.

Comment

Originally posted by opa1 View Post
        I'm really surprised how good they sound. I have these in a small listening room. Most of the time OB's need a lot of space.
        Neil Young live at Massey Hall and Surrealistic Pillow are some of my favorite albums. Sound killer with the OB's.
        Two fine albums.
        Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire. System listed here: http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/-8-mi...dated-9-3-2017

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X