Elsdon Wonfor Audio - LS XXVA Speaker Cable Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinWonfor View Post
    Thanks guys waiting with finger crossed, feedback please. It was 31C here in London today, crazy, and I had gardening to do the sun burn is a lovely shade of red.
    As one who burns, not tans, I recommend Aloe Vera. Very soothing and healing.
    Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire.

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

Originally posted by TubeHiFiNut View Post

As one who burns, not tans, I recommend Aloe Vera. Very soothing and healing.
      Unfortunately I am very allergic to Aloe Vera, and I use soluble Paracetamol and wipe it over the burns, it stops the pain well. I am also allergic to be honest most of the lovely plants I love to grow. So garden work can be fun, but worth the effort, and I am new to it, its is better than electronics.
      Kit I use:- 15W SECA, 100W PP A Class, Claymore 4, Micromega modified CD, odd speakers. Home made DAC , Gyrodeck, Plasma Tweeters home made.

Comment

Your new Parasound will provide an excellent solid state test for the EWA 25 cables.

I'm very interested to see how they perform in your system.
        I was pretty busy this weekend, so no real listening to the Halo. Which is fine as I have it playing digital on loop all weekend long so the amp gets used to the cables and in general a good break in period.

Comment

Catcher10 , looking forward to your impressions of the EWA speaker cables. We have a good group of testers. Low-ish efficiency British speakers with moderate tube power (me), high efficiency speakers, high power solid state and reasonably efficient British speakers. The final stop is with the Prime Minister, another Spendor fan with an amazing vintage high power solid state.
          Spendor A6, Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated, Mac Mini w/ Fusion Drive, Marantz CD 6005, Wyred4Sound Femto Clock DAC-1LE, Sonos Connect, EWA LS-XXV Speaker Cables, Tara Labs RSC Prime M1, Silnote Morpheus Reference II, Black Cat Silverstar 75 Ohm SPDIF and USB, PS Audio Dectet.

Comment

I believe the box arrived at my home today......Will connect the cables and let them acclimate for a few days. If I have not mentioned my system is the following:
            Parasound Halo Integrated 160wpc 8ohms/220wpc 4ohms, Rega RX5 tower speakers, Music Hall mmf-7.1 TT w/Lyra Delos MC, Musical Surroundings Phonomena II preamp, NAD C545BEE CDP......so all SS gear.

Current speaker cables are Belden 5000 Series (5T00UP) 10AWG with banana ends made by BlueJeans Cable in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Catcher10 View Post
              .....(snip).....so all SS gear......(snip).....
              I won't hold that against you.
              Turntables, Tonearms, MC & MM Phono Cartridges, SUTs, Tubes All the Way (SET, SEP and PP), Some Digital Stuff, Big Horns, Electrostats and Stand Mount Monitors, Assorted Cable and Wire.

"To thine own ears be true....."

"Audiophiles Just Want to Have Fun....."

Comment

I won't hold that against you.
                I bet the LS-25 EWA speaker cables won't either....

Spendor A6, Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated, Mac Mini w/ Fusion Drive, Marantz CD 6005, Wyred4Sound Femto Clock DAC-1LE, Sonos Connect, EWA LS-XXV Speaker Cables, Tara Labs RSC Prime M1, Silnote Morpheus Reference II, Black Cat Silverstar 75 Ohm SPDIF and USB, PS Audio Dectet.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X